Inspirational Quotes For Grandparents Day: Sunday is National Grandparents Day, a holiday devoted to all the Nanas and Papas, Grams and Gramps, and Bubbes and Zaydes at the USA. Regardless of the nickname, grandchildren throughout the nation will choose the day to comprehend their parents’ parents.
Grandparents Day began with regional parties in the 1960s, but it did not become official at the U.S. before 1978. Then-president Jimmy Carter established at a proclamation the first Sunday following Labor Day of each year could be National Grandparents Day.
Whether you are sending a card, then picking up the telephone or simply spending some time recalling them Sunday, consider using one of those Inspirational Quotes For Grandparents Day.
- “The reason grandchildren and grandparents get along so well are that they have a common enemy.” — Sam Levenson
- “If nothing is going well, call your grandmother.” — Italian proverb
- “Because (grandparents) are usually free to love and guide and befriend the young without having to take daily responsibility for them, they can often reach out past pride and fear of failure and close the space between generations.” — Jimmy Carter
- “When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window.” — Ogden Nash
- “Every house needs a grandmother in it.” — Louisa May Alcott
- “Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Maybe that is the greatest of wonders: that we can be shaped so much by those we’ve known closely, and equally by those, we’ve never known at all — and that we too can change the world long after we’ve left it.” — Jacob M. Appel
- “Some of the world’s best educators are grandparents.” — Charles W. Shedd
- “Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.” — Alex Haley
- “Grandparents are there to help the child get into mischief they haven’t thought of yet.” — Gene Perret
- “What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies.” — Rudy Giuliani
- “Elephants and grandchildren never forget.” — Andy Rooney
- “A grandmother is a safe haven.” — Suzette Haden Elgin
- “If you’re lucky enough to still have grandparents, visit them, cherish them and celebrate them while you can.” — Regina Brett
- “Grandparents, like heroes, are as necessary to a child’s growth as vitamins.” — Joyce Allston
- “A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on Halloween.” — Erma Bombeck
- “Uncles and aunts, and cousins, are all very well, and fathers and mothers are not to be despised; but a grandmother, at holiday time, is worth them all.” — Fanny Fern
Check this – Grandparents Day Activities | Grandparents Day Card | Grandparents Day Images | Grandparents Day Clipart | Grandparents Day Coloring Pages | Grandparents Day Meme | Grandparents Day Quotes